AML / Compliance Officer
Head of Compliance
The nature of this job is to assist the Head of Compliance with the general day-to-day duties. As a Compliance Officer your responsibility is ensuring that our companies are conducting its business in full compliance with relevant laws and regulations.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review clients’ files during the onboarding process, including monitoring clients’ activity.
- Assist other compliance officers in setting up and implement new procedures within our companies.
- Work with the Head of Compliance to ensure our companies comply with AML, KYC, and other related regulations.
- Vetting client profiles, ensuring all MiFID and AML/CFT regulatory requirements and standards are met.
- Other duties as assigned by the Head of Compliance from time to time.
- A bachelor’s degree in finance/legal studies and/or post graduate qualification in compliance and AML.
- Thorough understanding of Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Know Your Customer (KYC) processes.
- Previous experience in a regulated financial services entity or with the local regulatory body is an asset.
- A proactive approach in problem-solving
- Fluent in both Maltese and English
- Computer literate
- Meticulous attention to detail and highly accurate
- Ability to work within a team.
DURATION OF CONTRACT
HOW TO APPLY
All interested applicants are to forward their CV to our HR Department on firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications are treated in absolute confidence.
The personal information provided further to your application shall be processed in accordance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act (Cap. 586 of the Laws of Malta) and solely processed for the purpose(s) of your application. The data controller of the personal information contained in your application is Zenith Group Limited, with is registered offices situated at 220, Immaculate Conception Street, Msida, MSD 1838, Malta.
The personal data representative of the Group is Lorraine Falzon, who may be reached at email@example.com or at 220 Immaculate Conception Street, Msida – MSD 1834.
The legal basis for the processing of your personal information is in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a possible employment contract, with you, and if you fail to provide us with such data, we may not be able to process your application. Your personal information will not be disclosed to third parties unless this is strictly required by law.
You have the right to request access to your personal data as well as the right to rectify and where applicable, erase any inaccurate, incomplete or immaterial personal data processed by Zenith Group Limited. You also have he right to request that a copy of your data is transferred to another organization, and the right to register a complaint with the Information and Data Protection Commissioner as the lead data protection supervisory authority in Malta.
We will retain your personal information for as long as we may need it when we are considering you as a candidate for employment, unless you give us your explicit consent to hold onto your application for a period of six (6) months. For further information on how we use your personal information, please feel free to contact us at the email address indicated above.