A Simple Guide to Pensions
Start saving for your retirement in a personal pension plan which offers you flexibility and investment choice, as well receiving a tax rebate equal to 15% of the amount you save each year.
- Start saving for your retirement from just €40 a month.
- You can apply for a tax rebate equal to 15% of the amount you save each year.
- Supplement your state pension when you retire to maintain your lifestyle when you stop working.
- If your circumstances change, you can change the amount you save, or take a break from saving altogether.
- Under current legislation, you can start taking your personal pension between ages 50 and 75, at which time you can choose to receive up to 30% of the fund as a tax free lump sum, with the balance used to provide you with a regular income.